Dear Queens' College, Cambridge,
This is a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Could you please provide:
(1) A list of companies which the College holds stocks and shares in, specifying how many shares are held and the approximate value of the shareholding.
(2) A list of exchange traded funds, private equity funds, mutual funds, index funds, commodities, hedge funds, and bonds that the college has investments in, including the approximate value of each.
(3) In the case of any indirectly held or fund-based investments a breakdown of the companies invested in through the fund, including the percentage of the total fund made up by each holding.
(4) A list of donations from and other professorships, fellowships, institutes or any other academic opportunities funded by Chinese companies including, but not limited to:
- China Electronics Technology Group Corporation
(5) A list of any other instances of cooperation, academic or otherwise, between the College and universities and companies based in China.
If you are to invoke Section 43 to withhold information in relation to any of these questions please note you must provide details of the exact FOIA exemption, details of who would be prejudiced by this information, and a public interest test justifying a conclusion with arguments for and against the release of the information.
If you are to invoke Section 12 to withhold information in relation to any of these questions please provide details of how locating, retrieving and extracting this information would exceed the appropriate limit of £450 as set out in the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004. Please also be aware of your duty under section 16 (1) of the Act to advise and assist me in narrowing my request to bring it within the appropriate limit.
Thank you very much for your assistance with this request. If you would like any clarification on the information I have asked for, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to receiving your response in the next 20 working days.
Dear Mr Walsh
Further to your request dated 20 July, 2021 under the Freedom of Information Act, the answers to your questions are attached.
If you feel that we have not dealt with your request under the Freedom of Information Act properly, the College’s procedures indicate that you may complain to the President who may be contacted at Queens’ College, Cambridge, CB3 9ET, email: [email address].
You also have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision on whether your request has been dealt with in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. The Information Commissioner will usually expect complainants to have exhausted an organisation’s internal complaints procedures before accepting a complaint.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
FOI/EIR Complaints Resolution
Information Commissioner’s Office
Jonathan Spence, MA (Oxon), MA
Tel: 01223 335605
Email: [email address]
Charity Registration No. 1137495
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now