Climate Change Agenda following COP26
Rebecca Harrison (Ataliwyd y cyfrif) made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Cardinal Newman College
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear Cardinal Newman College,
As part of the Climate Change Agenda following COP26 we are compiling a list of Organisations who do not comply with current legal requirements under The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations (England and Wales).
You have been noted [potentially defamatory material removed], specifically in respect of buildings containing air conditioning. Part 4 Inspection of Air Conditioning Inspections of the EPB refers.
1. Were you aware of the Regulation?
2. Provide a time-scale in which you intend to comply? We will check for your compliance certificate on the open government database:
Find energy certificates and reports by postcode – Find an energy certificate – GOV.UK (communities.gov.uk).
3. If you do not intend to comply, why not?
4. Who is the Responsible Person at your Organisation?
5. Do you have a Sustainability Plan or Carbon Reduction Programme?
Dear Ms Harrison
Thank you for your FoI request. I hope the answers below will assist you.
As you will now understand, the College is not an “offender”.
1. Were you aware of the Regulation? Yes.
2. Provide a time-scale in which you The College has confirmed that
intend to comply? We will check for your it has the required
compliance certificate on the open certification for its buildings.
government database: (On the register several wrongly
named buildings are shown as
Find energy certificates and reports by having expired certificates.
postcode – Find an energy certificate – These buildings have current
GOV.UK (communities.gov.uk). certificates where required but
using the correct building
3. If you do not intend to comply, Not applicable.
4. Who is the Responsible Person at The Vice Principal Finance &
your Organisation? Resources is responsible for the
management of estates.
5. Do you have a Sustainability Plan The College is planning to put
or Carbon Reduction Programme? in place a Carbon Reduction Plan
by 31 July 2022.
Vice Principal – Finance and Resources
Cardinal Newman College
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now