Dear North Lanarkshire Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide the following information for the years 2011, 2012 and 2013.
1) How many children were taken into care in 2011, 2012 and 2013?
2) What percentage were boys and what percentage were girls?
3) How many/what percentage of children were taken into care without an Emergency Protection order?
4) How many children were relocated with family members within the UK?
5) How many children were relocated with family outside of the UK?
6) How many children were placed with foster/adoptive families outside the UK?
7) How many children went missing/ ran away when in foster care?
8) How many children were removed from their families care for the following reasons:
a) Parent/s had history of mental illness
b) Parent/s had history of Substance abuse
c) Parent/s were suffering from a terminal illness e.g. Cancer
d) Child was neglected in any way
Again I would appreciate if you could reply to these questions in relation to the years 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Nicole O' Connor
Dear Ms O'Connor,
I acknowledge receipt of your undernoted email request which is receiving attention.
I shall contact you further when I am in a position to respond more fully to your request.
For Freedom of Information Co-ordinator
North Lanarkshire Council
Phone: 01698 302232
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now