Dear Northamptonshire Police and Crime Panel,
I'am writing to you regarding a recent incident involving my son who is just five years old. On the 28th February 2013 my son was assulted by his teacher, and the same teacher shouted in his face. My son is a disabled child with hypermobility and suspected autism. I made a complaint to headteacher and the police on this incident no action taken so now I have the following questions.
1. why was no photos of my son's injuries taken
2. why was the interview done in the home
3. why was it a uniformed officer doing interview for a child
4. why was teacher not arrested whilst investigation took place
5. is it not possible that staff lied to protect their colleague
6. if a child has clear special needs, struggling with interview what is the procedure
7. if medical evidence contradicts the opinion of the visiting PC, what is the procedure
8. what is the procedure when suspected assault of a minor within education setting has taken place
The Northamptonshire Police & Crime Panel is a joint committee of the councils in Northamptonshire that is responsible for holding to account the Police & Crime Commissioner for the way in which he delivers his responsibilities for setting strategic priorities for policing in the county.
I need to advise you that the Panel does not have a role in dealing with Freedom of Information requests concerning the Police & Crime Commissioner or related functions or organisations.
FoI requests relating to Northamptonshire Police should be made to Yvonne Mason, Information Unit Manager, Northamptonshire Police at the following email address: [email address].
Overview & Scrutiny Manager
Tel: 01604 366053
Northamptonshire County Council
Northampton NN1 1DN
Email: [Northamptonshire PCP request email]
Fax: 01604 366223
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now