Dear Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I kindly request the following information in relation to day services for adults with a learning disability in your local authority:
1) How many adults aged 18-65 with a learning disability were known to social services in a) 2009/10, b) 2010/11 and c) 2011/12?
2) How many adults aged 18-65 with a learning disability attended day activities in a) 2009/10, b) 2010/11 and c) 2011/12:
i. 5 days a week or more
ii. 4 days a week
iii. 3 days a week
iv. 2 days a week
v. 1 day a week
vi. 0 days a week?
3) How many adults aged 18-65 with a learning disability attended the following type of day activities in a) 2009/10, b) 2010/11 and c) 2011/12:
i. day centres
iv. voluntary work
v. other activities?
4) How many a) day centre places and b) equivalent day service places for adults aged 18-65 with a learning disability were funded by the local authority in the following financial years:
and how many do you expect will be funded in iv. 2012/13?
5) How many adults aged 18-65 with a learning disability who attended day activities in a) 2009/10, b) 2010/11 and c) 2011/12 lived:
i. in the family home
ii. in their own home
iii. in supported accommodation
iv. in residential accommodation?
6) If there have been day service closures within the local authority, have any alternative services been put in place for those who attended the day centre; i.e. new learning disability-specific community activities or transport to/from suitable existing day activities?
7) If there have been day service closures within the local authority, were consultations held, and if so, what were the consultation periods? Please provide full details (excluding personal/confidential data) of all consultation responses and the resulting statement from the council.
8) Have charges for any of the following services increased since 1st April 2009:
i. day centre attendance
ii. transport to and from day activities
iii. any related activities;
and if so by how much?
Dear Ms Jo,
Thank you for your request for information regarding Day Services for
adults with learning difficulties (reference 19255). Your request was
received on the 25th January 2012 and I am dealing it under the terms of
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and/or the Environmental Information
In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, I
will let you know. A fees notice will be issued to you, and you will be
required to pay before we will proceed to deal with your request.
If you have any queries about this request, please contact Jonathan
Pickup on telephone number 01254 585582 or Heather Wolstenholme on 01254
585651. Alternatively, our email address is
[Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council request email].
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Freedom of Information Officer
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
Information Technology Management and Governance
Tel: 01254 585651
Fax: 01254 585286
Post: Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, IT Dept, G Floor, Tower
Block, Town Hall, Blackburn, Lancs. BB1 7DY.
Email: [email address]
Dear Ms Davies,
Thank you for your request for information regarding day services for
adults with learning difficulties (reference 19255); please find our
response attached. If you have any queries regarding your request for
information then please don't hesitate to contact me.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to
your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our
decision, you should write to:
Sarah Slater, Information Governance Manager, Information Governance,
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, G Floor, Town Hall, Blackburn,
Lancashire, BB1 7DY.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the
ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints
procedure provided by the Council. The Information Commissioner can be
contacted at: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House,
Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Information Governance Officer
Information Technology, Management and Governance
G Floor, Tower Block
Blackburn Town Hall
Tel: 01254 58 5852
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now