Nid ydym yn gwybod a yw'r ymateb mwyaf diweddar i'r cais hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth neuai peidio - os chi ywZed mewngofnodwch a gadael i bawb wybod.

Change of name on passport and Naturalisation document

Zed made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to HM Passport Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

We're waiting for Zed to read recent responses and update the status.

Dear HM Passport Office,

I am a dual national and also been a British citizen for the past four years.
I want to change my name on my British passport and Naturalisation document, to a new name. please what are the process and I am not doing it because of marriage as am male, I am doing it to change my full name to a different name.

Please can you advise on the process and if it possible to make this changes on my naturalisation certificate and passport as well.

Yours faithfully,


FOI, HM Passport Office

If your enquiry falls within the remit of a Freedom of Information request
Her Majesty’s Passport Office will send you an acknowledgement within the
next 2 working days.


If your enquiry does not fall within the Freedom of Information remit this
will not be forwarded or responded to. Therefore please contact the
appropriate department listed below:


• For a passport enquiry or complaint, please complete an online enquiry


• If your enquiry or complaint relates to a certificate which you have
ordered from the General Registrar’s Office, please complete the
certificate service order enquiries form.


• If your request is for information relating to your data held by Her
Majesty’s Passport Office or an individual it falls under the terms of the
Data Protection Act 1998 and may qualify as a Subject Access Request,
please email [email address]


• If your enquiry relates to nationality you should forward your enquiry
to the UK Visas and Immigration enquiry team who are better placed to
respond, please email    [email address] 



dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

HM Passport Office

Dear Zed
Thank you for your email.
When changing your name on your passport you will require the following
List A – please provide one document which confirms your name in current
List B – please provide at least one document for each name change that
has taken place
List A (One Document)
• Marriage certificate
• Civil partnership certificate
• Gender recognition certificate
• Enrolled deed poll
• Change of name deed signed in both your old and new names
• Certificate of naturalisation or registration
• Statutory declaration or affidavit signed in your new name
• Birth certificate (upon re-registration)
• Certificate from the Court of the Lord Lyon of Scotland
• Adoption order/certificate
List B (At least one document)
• Tax record e.g. a letter from a tax authority
• Employment record e.g. an official letter from your employer 
• Educational record e.g. a school report
• Letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government
• Driving Licence 
• National identity card or equivalent
• Visa or residence permit Medical/health card
• Voter’s card
• Bank statement
• Baptism/Confirmation certificate
If you require any further information, please contact us through our
helpline on +44 (0)300 222 0000 or via e-mail [1][email address].
Text relay prefix 18001.
Kind Regards,
Customer Service Management Team
HM Passport Office Operations
Her Majesty's Passport Office
The details that you provide to Her Majesty's Passport Office (HMPO) and
any response from us will be sent to you by unencrypted e-mail via the
internet. This means that complete confidentiality of your personal
information is not possible because we cannot guarantee the security of
the internet communications. If you are not comfortable with this
arrangement, you may prefer to contact us by telephone or post.

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

Nid ydym yn gwybod a yw'r ymateb mwyaf diweddar i'r cais hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth neuai peidio - os chi ywZed mewngofnodwch a gadael i bawb wybod.