Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
This request concerns the internal notification processes between Carer's Allowance and Income Support in operation during 2005.
1) When an award of Carer's Allowance (CA) (including an 'underlying entitlement' award) was made, revised, superseded or otherwise amended what paper, electronic or other internal communication systems would have notified Income Support (IS)? Would that process have include, for example, the Departmental Central Index (DCI), Customer Information System (CIS), General Matching Service (GMS) or Work Availability Report (WAR).
2) When an award of CA (including 'underlying entitlement') ended because, for example, that person was no longer caring for the 'disabled person' (DP), or the DP had entered residential care or had died what notification would have been sent from CA to IS?
3) Would these notifications have been made automatically by the relevant system or would they have required the intervention of a person to initiate the notification?
4) If possible please provide a copy of the form(s) of notifications sent by / between these systems.
5) How long were the internal notification processes used between CA and IS in 2005 in place for? ie. is the same process in place today.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally expect
a response within 20 working days.
However please be advised that due to the current situation with COVID-19
we cannot guarantee a response within this timescale.
Every effort is being made to respond to FOIs as we would usually but the
current situation means that available Departmental resources will be
needed on other high priority areas.
We kindly ask for your understanding during this unprecedented situation
and we will aim to deal with your FOI request as soon as is practically
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
1. mailto:[email address]
Dear A Gilbert,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 23rd
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now