Capital Gains Tax paid by investors in "Student Accommodation"

Roedd y cais yn llwyddiannus.

Dear HM Revenue and Customs,
There have been a number of Planning Applications put to Local Councils in recent years for the development of blocks of private "Student Accommodation". Please can you clarify the tax position for these student blocks:-
1. Can you state the position on paying Stamp Duty when buying flats in private student accommodation blocks.
2. Can you state the position on paying Capital Gains Tax for this type of accommodation when selling.
3. What is the tax situation for Non-U.K. residents when buying and selling such student accommodation?
4. What is the situation for U.K. residents?
5. How does H.M.R.C. ensure that investment in "Student Accommodation" blocks isn't a form of tax avoidance?

Yours faithfully,
ROB HEALE on behalf of Official Correspondence, Cyllid a Thollau Ei Mawrhydi

Our ref: FOI2018/02656

Dear Mr Heale,

Freedom of Information Act 2000 Acknowledgement

Thank you for your communication of 3rd December which has been passed to
HMRC's Freedom of Information Team.

We have allocated the above reference which you should quote if you need
to contact us.

The Team will arrange for a reply to be sent to you which will either
comply with HMRC's obligations under Freedom of Information Act or, if we
think it's an enquiry that we don't need to address under the terms of the
Act, let you know why. If it is the latter we will, if possible, pass it
on to a more appropriate part of the Department for answer.

Yours sincerely

HMRC Freedom of Information Act Team on behalf of Central FOI Team, Cyllid a Thollau Ei Mawrhydi

1 Atodiad

Dear Mr Heale,

I am writing in response to your request for information, received 3rd

Yours sincerely,

HMRC Freedom of Information Team