Dear South Yorkshire Police,
I would be grateful if you could please provide me with the following information, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
In your area...
1. How many arrests were made at BLM protests for all alleged crimes between 1st January 2020 and 1st November 2020?
2. Of these arrests, how many were made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 legislation?
3. Of those arrested, how many were first-time offenders?
4. How many charges have been brought against those arrested at BLM protests for all alleged crimes between 1st January 2020 and 1st November 2020?
5. Of these charges, how many were made under the Coronavirus Act 2020?
6. Of those charged, how many were first-time offenders?
7. How many police officers were injured as a result of BLM protests?
8. How many protesters were injured as a result of BLM protests?
For all of the above questions, please break these figures down by age, race, gender, alleged crime and month.
Dear Elena Martyn
Please find attached our response to your Freedom of Information request.
Information Compliance Clerk
South Yorkshire Police
Information Compliance Unit
Performance and Governance
Website address – southyorks.police.uk
Email - [email address]
SYP Alerts offers information about local policing issues by text, email
or voice message. Sign-up now at www.sypalerts.co.uk #SignMeUp
3. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now