BBC IDents created by Lambie nairn
Charles Ghose made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Y Gorfforaeth Ddarlledu Brydeinig
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
This is a Freedom Of Information Request, regarding the commissioning of :Lambie Nairn to create BBC Idents for the below date ranges. I have put three different date ranges because Lambie Nairn created three different BBC Ident packages for those date ranges.
February 18th 1991 - October 4th 1997
October 4th 1997 - March 29th 2002
March 29th 2002 - October 7th 2006
1. What was the process that the BBC took when looking for a design agency to create an Ident package, for the BBC ident re-branding, for the above date ranges?
2. Why was Lambie Nairn chosen in each above date range to create idents for the BBC?
Please if possible include reasons from meeting minutes.
3. How much did it cost the BBC to have Ident packages created during the each above date range? Please provide if possible, totals for each date range.
4. Who are the copyright owners of each BBC Ident package for the above date ranges?
5. When the BBC stopped broadcasting these Ident packages for the above date ranges, what has now become of these Ident packages?
6. What was Lambie Nairn's role in the creation of each Ident Package for the above date ranges?
7. Was the music in each of the Ident Packages for the above date ranges provided by Lambie Nairn?
8. Why after October 7th 2006 onwards did the BBC not commission Lambie Nairn to create an Ident package for the BBC?
9. If possible please provide the storyboards for each Ident package for the above date ranges.
10. If possible please provide all the tecnical specifications/details of each Ident package for the above date ranges. For example Ident Package names, titles of clips, length of clips etc.
Dear Charles Ghose
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was received on 02/07/2020. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days of receipt. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20200893.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Dear Mr Ghose,
Please find attached our response to your requests for information
Information Rights, BBC Legal
BC2A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now