Dear Hertfordshire Constabulary,
I am looking for all the statistics you have based on Authorised Push Payment Fraud or also known as (Computer Software Service Fraud) in the past 10 years.
Between April 2009 and April 2019 I would like to know what was the number of reported Fraudulent push payments.
Between April 2009 and April 2019 I would like to know what was the number of reported Fraudulent push payments that resulted in criminal prosecution.
I would like to know the number of reported fraudulent push payments every year between April 2009 and April 2019.
'Authorised Push Payment' fraud is a type of Bank transfer fraud and unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere on the Home Office offense code(s).
However, despite not having a specific code it could fall under the following codes of the Home Office Counting Rules For Recorded Crime ( Fraud ) With effect from April 2019.
1. NFIB2C - Prime Bank Guarantees Classification (1 of 1)
2. NFIB3D - Other Retail and Consumer Fraud Classification (1 of 1)
3. NFIB5A Fraud by False Representation Cheque, Plastic Card and Online Bank Accounts (not PSP) Classification (1 of 1)
4. NFIB5D - Mandate Fraud Classification (1 of 1)
5. NFIB18 Fraud by Failing to Disclose Information Classification (1 of 1)
6. NFIB90 Other Fraud (Not covered elsewhere) Classification (1 of 1)
7. NFIB1H Other Advance Fee Frauds Classification (1 of 1)
An example of Authorised Push Payment fraud would be;
A woman has booked a room through Spareroom where she is promised a property.
Once the contact has been established through the website the conversation is then taken to Whatsapp.
The woman is asked to transfer £700 pounds for the deposit of the property and also £700 for the first-month rent.
The money has been transferred through Authorised Push Payment and the person has then disappeared.
Dear Dee Gomes,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 5th
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now