Dear Hambleton District Council,
2 years ago, we were hearing from our members that installations of new playground equipment were falling in England and that this was due directly to a lack of funding within local authorities. This worried us and our members at a time when Childhood obesity is increasing and there are more instances of divided communities. In order to quantify what was happening we commissioned a report which resulted in our #nowheretoplay campaign highlighting the extent of the problem. We believe it is now time to refresh our information and to once again highlight to government the problems resulting from a reduction in children’s play facilities. We would therefore urge you to support us in the FOI request.
1. How many public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) do you currently have available to the public in your LA area?
2. What was your total budget for public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) in each of the following years?
3. What is your expected total budget for public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) in each of the following years?
4. How many public playgrounds and play facilities were closed in your LA area and what proportion of your total play facilities did this represent, in each of the following years?
5. How many public playgrounds and play facilities do you expect will close and what proportion of your total play facilities will this represent, in each of the following years?
Data to be collated into excel spreadsheet.
Thank you for your contact. Should a response be required, this will be sent to you within the next 10 working days. Responses to Freedom of Information Requests will be sent within the 20 day statutory period. If you wish to contact Hambleton District Council, our contact details are given below. Please visit our website at www.hambleton.gov.uk<http://www.hambleton.gov.uk>.
Customer Services, Hambleton District Council, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2UU
Tel: 01609 779977
Fax: 01609 767228
Email: [email address]
Dear Samuel Lubrano,
In reply to your Freedom of Information request please be advised that
Hambleton District Council does not have jurisdiction for this area of
This is undertaken by Parish Councils. You can submit a request via the
contact details listed on Hambleton District Council’s website, here:
Please do not hesitate to contact Hambleton District Council if you have
any further queries for this Council.
Trainee Information Governance Officer
Veritau Limited | Veritau North Yorkshire Limited
Assurance Services for the Public Sector
Working on behalf of Hambleton District Council, North Yorkshire County
Council, Richmondshire District Council, Ryedale District Council and
Selby District Council to provide information governance services
E-mail: [email address]
For further information about the company please visit:
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now