Asbestos in hospitals
Catrin Hughes made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
This is a Freedom of Information request for the following information. Please provide me with;
1. A list of the hospitals and related buildings in your trust that contain asbestos in surveys carried out over the last ten years. Please include the following
A. Building name
C. Type and degree of asbestos present
D. Whether it poses a health risk to staff and/or patients.
2. The date and outcome of the last independent audit, survey or inspection of each of these hospitals and their related buildings.
3. The details of any reported incidents of asbestos exposure in these hospitals between 2011 and 2016.
4. The number of hospital employees or patients that have pursued a claim against you for exposure to asbestos within your trust’s hospital buildings.
5. The number of these claims that have been settled.
6. The amount of money that has been paid in settlement of these claims (with and without your authority accepting responsibility).
I would like to receive a copy of this information electronically.
Please send me an email to confirm receipt of this request.
Dear Ms Hughes,
Thank you for your request for information; this is now being processed in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Trust will make every effort to provide a response within the 20 working days specified by the Act. You should receive your response by 15th March 2017.
Your reference number relating to this application is FOI.17.083. Please ensure you quote this when contacting us.
Freedom of Information Officer
Derby Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Dear Ms Hughes
Further to your request under the Freedom of Information Act, please find our Trust’s response attached.
Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now