Dear Northumberland County Council,
I have been forwarded a newspaper article about Northumberland County Council’s company Arch having invested “£1.5m in Ashington Community Football Club” but “external auditors EY raised concerns over the firm’s £1.9m valuation of the club when it signed off the council’s accounts for the last financial year” and it has “emerged the club’s value was just £400,000, leaving the council and Arch £1.5m out of pocket.”
Under the FOI Act I request the following information from Northumberland County Council and its subsidiary Arch:
1. The documents used by Northumberland County Council’s subsidiary Arch to decide whether to make the £1.5m investment in the football club (I notice that the overall investment is now in the public domain so would not expect redactions other than bank account details). The documents provided should include as a minimum
* details of the investment, including what was purchased and on what dates payments were made
*internal case for making the investment
* documents submitted by the football club when applying for the investment
* minutes from Arch and
*any valuation documents.
2. The signed copy of the contract with the football club for the investment.
3. The emails between the Chairman of the football club and any staff at Northumberland County Council and Arch on the day before, the day of and the day after the contract for the investment was approved by Arch and also when the contract was signed.
Our Ref: 3550
Thank you for your request for information which will be dealt with under
the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 / Environmental
Information Regulations 2004.
In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, we
will let you know the likely charges before proceeding.
If you have any queries about this matter please contact us. Please
remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
Information Governance Office
Northumberland County Council
Tel: 0345 600 6400
Email: [Northumberland County Council request email]
Dear Oriel Flattery,
Please find attached a response to Freedom of Information request ref no:
Arch: The Northumberland Development Company
T 01670 528 432
M 07807 508 610
F 01670 528 440
E [email address]
BN Main Logo - CMYK web ERDF 16-19 Logo web
As Northumberland’s Employer of the Year 2015, Arch is dedicated to
looking after its workforce. We hold the Silver Better at Health at Work
Award and are a proud Living Wage Employer.
This email and any files sent with it are confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient. If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete from your system. Any form of
distribution, copying or use of this communication or its contents by
anyone else is strictly prohibited. We cannot guarantee that email is
secure or error-free as messages could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Arch can’t
accept any liability for any such errors or omissions. Views or opinions
expressed in this email are solely those of the author and can’t
necessarily be taken to represent those of the company.
Arch Corporate Holdings Ltd, Company registered in England: 07495991.
Registered Office: Wansbeck Workspace, Rotary Parkway, Ashington, NE63
1. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now