Nid ydym yn gwybod a yw'r ymateb mwyaf diweddar i'r cais hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth neuai peidio - os chi ywAigul mewngofnodwch a gadael i bawb wybod.

Apply for citizenship with settled status

Aigul made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to HM Passport Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

We're waiting for Aigul to read recent responses and update the status.

Dear HM Passport Office,

GOV.UK website states that to apply for citizenship with permanent residence status you must usually have lived in the UK for 12 months after getting permanent residence status. You also need a permanent residence document that proves you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years .This means that if the 5 year period was more than 12 months ago, you’ll be able to apply for citizenship as soon as you get your permanent residence document.

I have been living in the UK for 12 continues years from 2007 under different type of visas. I received my "settled status" known as ILR on 18th of April 2019. If my understanding is correct I can apply for British citizenship now as 5 years period was more than 12 months ago? I would appreciate if you can confirm this.

Yours faithfully,


FOI, HM Passport Office

If your enquiry falls within the remit of a Freedom of Information request
Her Majesty’s Passport Office will send you an acknowledgement within the
next 2 working days.


If your enquiry does not fall within the Freedom of Information remit this
will not be forwarded or responded to. Therefore please contact the
appropriate department listed below:


• For a passport enquiry or complaint, please complete an online enquiry


• If your enquiry or complaint relates to a certificate which you have
ordered from the General Registrar’s Office, please complete the
certificate service order enquiries form.


• If your request is for information relating to your data held by Her
Majesty’s Passport Office or an individual it falls under the terms of the
Data Protection Act 1998 and may qualify as a Subject Access Request,
please email [email address]


• If your enquiry relates to nationality you should forward your enquiry
to the UK Visas and Immigration enquiry team who are better placed to
respond, please email    [email address] 



dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

HM Passport Office

Dear Aigul
Thank you for your e-mail.
Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with your enquiry as it does not
relate to an active passport application.
Based on the information you have provided it would appear that you should
contact the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website at:
Kind Regards,
G Duffy
Customer Service Management Team
HM Passport Office Operations
Her Majesty's Passport Office
Apply online at: [3]
The details that you provide to Her Majesty's Passport Office (HMPO) and
any response from us will be sent to you by unencrypted e-mail via the
internet. This means that complete confidentiality of your personal
information is not possible because we cannot guarantee the security of
the internet communications. If you are not comfortable with this
arrangement, you may prefer to contact us by telephone or post.

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

Nid ydym yn gwybod a yw'r ymateb mwyaf diweddar i'r cais hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth neuai peidio - os chi ywAigul mewngofnodwch a gadael i bawb wybod.