Dear Blackpool Borough Council,
I would like to establish some information regarding the use for agency labour staff within adult’s services and would be grateful if you could answer the following questions for me:
1. In relation to the current master vendor contract in place for the supply of temporary workers, how many qualified social work professionals do you current have in post across Adult Services? This is in relation to the provision of social workers, senior practitioners, assistant team managers, team managers and service managers within Adult Services (referred to from now on as “QSWPs”)
2. In the event that you are unable to source suitably qualified QSWPs from the master vendor do you deal directly with other recruitment agencies who can fill your vacancies on an off framework basis?
3. In the event that you have vacancies filled by other suppliers, how many temporary QSWPs do you currently have deployed across Adult Services on an off framework basis (please provide total numbers by SUPPLIER)?
4. In the event that you have vacancies filled by other suppliers, please provide the NUMBER and GRADE of QSWPs working on a temporary off framework basis by DEPARTMENT?
5. In the event that you have vacancies filled by other suppliers, please provide the range of supplier CHARGE RATES and corresponding GRADE of QSWPs currently working on an off framework agency basis?
6. How much agency QSWP spend has there been outside of the master vendor contract from 6th April 2016 to 31st January 2017?
James P King
Thank you for your email.
Your request for information will be dealt with under the Freedom of
Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations and will be
allocated a reference number. It will be passed to the most appropriate
council department to gather the information. The department may respond
directly to you, but you may receive a response from the Information
Governance Team via [Blackpool Borough Council request email].
In line with the legislation, we strive to respond promptly but no later
than 20 working days after the date of receipt. If we need to extend this
to clarify your request or to undertake a complex Public Interest Test we
will let you know.
Information Governance Team
Would you like to be kept up to date with Blackpool Council news ? Sign up
here - www.blackpool.gov.uk/YourBlackpool
http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/EmailDisclai... This message has been scanned
for inappropriate or malicious content as part of the Council's e-mail and
1. mailto:[Blackpool Borough Council request email]
Dear Mr King
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – INFORMATION REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that we have now completed our search for the
information you requested on 27th February 2017.
The information that can be disclosed to you is detailed below.
The legislation allows you to use the information supplied to you for your
own personal use. Please be aware that any commercial use or other use
such as publication or sale may be a breach of copyright under the
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 unless you obtain the copyright
holder’s prior permission.
Not all of the information that the Council supplies to you that is
subject to copyright, will be the Council’s copyright. You should seek
consent from the Council or the copyright holder as appropriate. If you
wish to reuse the information supplied you should contact the Council for
advice on this.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request you may ask for
an internal review and you should submit this in writing to: FOI Internal
Review, Blackpool Council, PO Box 4, Blackpool, FY1 1NA. Your request for
internal review should be submitted within 40 working days of receipt by
you of this response.
If you are not happy with the outcome of the review, you have the right to
apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office for a decision.
You can contact the Information Commissioner at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9
If you have any queries about this letter you can contact me, or write to:
FOI, PO Box 4, Blackpool, FY1 1NA, or email us at
[Blackpool Borough Council request email]. Please remember to quote your reference number
when you contact us.
Senior HR Systems & Information Officer
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now