Mae hwn yn fersiwn HTML o atodiad i'r cais Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 'Correspondence between representatives from MHCLG and housebuilders'.

Ministry of Housing, Communities and 
Local Government
Fry Building  
2 Marsham Street  
Tel:030 3444 0000 
Joe Brooks 
What Do They Know 
Date: 17 May 2021 
Dear Joe Brooks 
Environmental Information Regulations 2004 
Thank you for your request for information which we received on 22 April 2021 and 
processed under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR).  The EIR 
offers a similar access to the information to the Freedom of Information Act. 
You requested: 
‘Please may you provide me with:  
1) All correspondence, including emails, sent and received in the period 
between 1 April 2019 and 10 January 2021, between the Ministry of Housing, 
Communities and Local Government and representatives from the following 
organizations (and/or their subsidiaries) that reference the 'clean growth 
strategy' and/or 'future homes standard' and/or 'heat in buildings'.  
- Persimmon/Persimmon Homes  
- Bellway/Bellway Homes  
- Taylor Wimpey  
- Home Builders Federations  
- Countryside Properties’
We can confirm that we hold this information, but we are withholding it as explained 
The Department is not obliged to comply with your request for information, by virtue 
of the exception at regulation 12(4)(b) of the Environmental Information Regulations, 
as we consider it to be “manifestly unreasonable”.  We are not suggesting that you 

are personally being unreasonable, but this is the wording we are required to use in 
order to comply with the legislation. 
A request for information to which this exception applies must still be complied with, 
and the information requested made available, unless the public interest served by 
doing so is outweighed by that served by maintaining the exception.  However, we 
have no systems in place in order to determine which information is in scope of your 
The Department does not hold a list of representatives or details of the subsidiaries 
of the organisations named, nor is there any requirement or a business need for us 
to do so.  Therefore, it would not be possible to run accurate searches. 
The organisations named could have corresponded with several officials in various 
business areas in the Department over the time period specified. To undertake such 
searches would cause considerable burden and a disruption to normal business.  
Even then, we could not guarantee that all information had been identified.  Each 
item of correspondence would them have to be read to see whether it falls in scope 
of the request. 
I therefore conclude that the public interest served by maintaining the exception 
outweighs the public interest served by complying with the request and making the 
information available.  It may be possible however to consider a scoped down 
request restricted to named individuals and a shorter time period. 
Complaints procedure 
If you are unhappy with this response, we will review it and report back to you. (This 
is called an internal review.) If you want us to do this, let us know by return email 
within two months of receiving this response. You can also ask by letter addressed 
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government 
Knowledge and Information Access Team 
4th Floor SE, Fry Building 
2 Marsham Street 
London, SW1P 4DF 
If you are unhappy with the outcome of this internal review, you can ask the 
independent Information Commissioner to investigate. The Information 
Commissioner can be contacted at email address or use their 
online form at or call them on 0303 123 1113. 
Yours faithfully