British Broadcasting Corporation Room BC2 A4 Broadcast Centre White City Wood Lane London W12 7TP
Telephone 020 8008 2882 Email email@example.com
Charles Ghose firstname.lastname@example.org
9 June 2020
Dear Charles Ghose, Freedom of Information request – RFI20200605
Thank you for your request to the BBC of 22 May 2020 seeking the following information
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’):
“1. Is the building in New York City that is the headquarters of BBC America rented or
owned by BBC Studios or BBC America or other BBC entity?
2. Has BBC America HQ remained at the same location in New York City, or has it
relocated throughout its time in NYC?
3. How much revenue was made by television subscriptions to BBC America during
2015 - February 2020?
4. On January 8th 2020 BBC Studios sold 14 television series to CW Seed Network for
streaming in the United States. What are the titles of those 14 television series?
5. In the 2004 merger of BBC Studio brand 2 Entertain and Video Collection
International. Which movie titles did BBC Studio acquire from the Video Collection
International Movie catalogue?
6. How many television programmes and movies are available in an audio described
version, to watch or stream on demand on BritBox?
7. How many television programmes and movies are available in an audio described
version, to watch or stream on demand on BBC America?
8. How many television programmes and movies are available in an audio described
version, to watch or stream on BBC Canada ?
9. Are there any plans to make any of the television programmes and movies on
BritBox launch in Australia, to be available in an audio described version, to watch or
stream on demand?
10. What will be the subscription fee for Australia nsubscribers of Britbox once its
launch in Australia, in late 2020? Please state the different types of fees for example
per month, per year.”
As set out in section 6(1)(b)(ii) of the Act, our subsidiaries (including BBC Studioworks Limited,
UKTV, BBC Global News Ltd and BBC Studios Ltd), as well as the charities BBC Media Action
and BBC Children in Need, are not subject to the Act. Therefore information regarding their
activities is also not subject to the Act.
In addition to this, BBC America is part of BBC Studios Ltd. For more information on BBC
America please follow this link to their website: https://www.bbcamerica.com/
If you are not satisfied that we have complied with the Act in responding to your request, you
have the right to an internal review by a BBC senior manager or legal adviser. Please contact
us at the address above, explaining what you would like us to review and including your
reference number. A request for an internal review must be made within 40 working days of
receiving the BBC’s response to your original request.
If you are not satisfied with the internal review, you can appeal to the Information
Commissioner. The contact details are: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House,
Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Tel: 0303 123 1113 or see https://ico.org.uk/.