Please ask for: M Bussey
Direct Dialling: 01909 533533
14 February 2020
Dear Sir / Madam
I refer to your request under the Freedom of Information Act Ref 91/20 dated 3rd February 2020, requesting
information Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN’s) for littering and dog fouling.
Whilst the Act confers a general right of access to information held by public authorities, Section 1 provides that
any person making a request for information to a public authority is entitled:-
To be informed in writing by the public authority whether it holds information of the description
specified in the request; and
If that is the case to have that information communicated to him’, subject to the effect of the
exemptions in Part 11 of the Act.
Therefore pursuant to the Council’s duty to confirm or deny whether or not it holds the information requested I
can confirm the following:-
1. Which department is responsible for enforcing against Littering?
2. Do you use a private company to enforce against Littering?
3. If you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the name of the private company?
4. If you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the contract end date?
5. If you answered yes to question 2, could you provide me with a copy of the contract?
6. What is the full price of Littering Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?
7. Do you have a discounted price for a littering FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? E.g. the
FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days
8. How many FPN’s did you issue for littering in 2019?
9. How many FPN’s issued for littering in 2019 were paid?
10. How many FPN’s issued for littering in 2019 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
11. Could you confirm which department is responsible for enforcing against Dog Fouling?
Environmental Health and Dog Warden
12. Do you use a private company to enforce against Dog Fouling?
Dog Warden is authorised to issue FPN’s and is employed by a Dog Warden Contractor.
13. If you answered yes to question 11, could you confirm the name of the private company?
Pest Express of Nottingham
14. What is the legislation you enforce Dog Fouling under? E.g Dog Control Order, fouling of land act or PSPO
15. How many FPNs did you issue for Dog Fouling in 2019?
16. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling were paid in 2019?
17. How many FPN’s issued for Dog Fouling in 2019 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
18. Do you enforce against any other Dog Control Orders or PSPO’s that are dog related?
Dogs to be on lead in listed burial grounds / churchyards
Dogs banned from listed fenced play areas
Owners to be able to demonstrate to an authorised officer that they are carrying means to pick up faeces
(e.g a bag)
Link of list of areas affected :- https://www.bassetlaw.gov.uk/media/4726/dog-control-order-2018-2021.pdf
19. What is the full price of a Dog Fouling FPN?
20. Do you have a discounted price for a Dog Fouling FPN and it yes, how long is the discounted period? E.g
the FPN will be discounted to £450 if paid within 10 days
If you are dissatisfied with the Freedom of Information response set out in this letter you are able to utilise the
Council’s complaints procedure which allows one right of review via this system. Details can be found using
the link below:
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint the Act confers a further right to
complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk
or by writing to Information Commissioner,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (telephone 06125 545745), email email@example.com,
however the Information Commissioner will not usually consider a complaint if the
complainant has not utilised their one right of review via the Council’s complaints procedure.
I trust this answers your query fully.
Yours sincerely M Bussey