Director of Children’s Services
Number One Riverside, Smith Street,
Rochdale OL16 1XU
Phone: 0300 303 0440
FAO Lewis Jones
9th July 2019
Dear Mr Jones, Re: - Request For Information under Freedom of Information Act 2000
Further to your Freedom of Information Request which was received on 17th June 2019, Rochdale
Borough Council is happy to provide you with the following information:
We are a provider of high quality accommodation and support for semi-independent living for Care
Leavers 16+ based in Merseyside and have a few questions:
1) Who specifically can we contact to gain access to the portal/tender? Rochdale Borough Council collaborates with the other North West LAs and jointly
commission through Placements Northwest. PNW manage the process on behalf of
Rochdale Borough Council Children’s Services and the contact is Sarah Austin who is the
Placements Northwest Manager
2) Once all mandatory documents have been uploaded and verified on your portal, how long is it
before a new provider starts getting referrals? This information is not held as it depends on how many providers have applied, and what
type of procurement it is, therefore it would be variable. We would hope to communicate to
providers if there is a significant delay
3) Can you advise on the councils required property standards for up to 3 different
tenants/occupants 16+? This is down to each area planning regulations and not a PNW element, though we would
advise that a provider contact local housing team to understand local area regulations.
4) Does the Local authority/ Childrens Trust carry out an inspection of the property before
placements commence? Not necessarily, it depends on the type of provision. For example if it is Ofsted registered
then it would be unlikely.
5) How many young people 16+ have been placed with private providers in the local authority
since beginning of 2019? 24 young people have been placed in SAILS accommodation since 2019
5) Do you hold provider meetings? If so how can one arrange to attend one of these? Yes provider meetings are held. Please contact Sarah Tonge, Commissioning Manager for
the dates on 01706 924135 or email@example.com
7) How often does the local authority/childrens' trust make payments to providers for services
provided? Providers are paid on a monthly basis.
8) What is the average weekly payment amount to semi-independent living providers for 16+? The average fee is £765 per week.
9) Please supply list of standard policies & procedures the Local authority/Childrens' Trust expect
from providers? These will form part of the tender process and will be available when the portal is opened
for new applicants.
10) Apart from the placements portal, is there any other way of getting care leaver placements? Care Levers Request for Placements are sent out first to the providers on the Placements
Northwest 16 Plus Framework. Once this has been exhausted 'Off Framework' Providers are
We feel that we have fulfilled your Freedom of Information request. However, if you are unhappy
with the service you have received in relation to your request or wish to make a complaint or
appeal against any decision we have made in response to your request, you should write in the
first instance to:
Information Governance Unit
Number One Riverside
Smith Street, Rochdale, OL16 1XU
We hope you find the information provided useful and if you have any further queries please don’t
hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to quote the reference number
above in any future communications.
Jill McGregor Assistant Director, Children’s Social Care