Mae hwn yn fersiwn HTML o atodiad i'r cais Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 'Semi Independent Living'.

Children’s Services 
Gail Hopper 
Director of Children’s Services 

Jill McGregor 
Assistant Director 
Number One Riverside, Smith Street, 
Rochdale OL16 1XU 
Phone: 0300 303 0440 
Enquiries to:  
Information Governance 
FAO Lewis Jones 
Our Ref:  
Via Email 
9th July 2019 
Dear Mr Jones, 
Re: - Request For Information under Freedom of Information Act 2000  
Further to your Freedom of Information Request which was received on 17th June 2019, Rochdale 
Borough Council is happy to provide you with the following information: 
We are a provider of high quality accommodation and support for semi-independent living for Care 
Leavers 16+ based in Merseyside and have a few questions: 
1) Who specifically can we contact to gain access to the portal/tender? 
Rochdale Borough Council collaborates with the other North West LAs and jointly 
commission through Placements Northwest. PNW manage the process on behalf of 
Rochdale Borough Council Children’s Services and the contact is Sarah Austin who is the 
Placements Northwest Manager 
2) Once all mandatory documents have been uploaded and verified on your portal, how long is it 
before a new provider starts getting referrals? 
This information is not held as it depends on how many providers have applied, and what 
type of procurement it is, therefore it would be variable. We would hope to communicate to 
providers if there is a significant delay 
3) Can you advise on the councils required property standards for up to 3 different 
tenants/occupants 16+? 
This is down to each area planning regulations and not a PNW element, though we would 
advise that a provider contact local housing team to understand local area regulations. 
4) Does the Local authority/ Childrens Trust carry out an inspection of the property before 
placements commence? 
Not necessarily, it depends on the type of provision. For example if it is Ofsted registered 
then it would be unlikely. 
5) How many young people 16+ have been placed with private providers in the local authority 
since beginning of 2019? 
24 young people have been placed in SAILS accommodation since 2019 
5) Do you hold provider meetings? If so how can one arrange to attend one of these? 
Yes provider meetings are held.  Please contact Sarah Tonge, Commissioning Manager for 
the dates on 01706 924135 or 


7) How often does the local authority/childrens' trust make payments to providers for services 
Providers are paid on a monthly basis. 
8) What is the average weekly payment amount to semi-independent living providers for 16+? 
The average fee is £765 per week. 
9) Please supply list of standard policies & procedures the Local authority/Childrens' Trust expect 
from providers? 
These will form part of the tender process and will be available when the portal is opened 
for new applicants. 
10) Apart from the placements portal, is there any other way of getting care leaver placements? 
Care Levers Request for Placements are sent out first to the providers on the Placements 
Northwest 16 Plus Framework. Once this has been exhausted 'Off Framework' Providers are 

We feel that we have fulfilled your Freedom of Information request.  However, if you are unhappy 
with the service you have received in relation to your request or wish to make a complaint or 
appeal against any decision we have made in response to your request, you should write in the 
first instance to: 
Information Governance Unit 
Number One Riverside 
Smith Street, Rochdale, OL16 1XU 
We hope you find the information provided useful and if you have any further queries please don’t 
hesitate  to  contact  us  at  Please  remember  to  quote  the  reference  number 
above in any future communications. 
Yours sincerely 
Jill McGregor 
Assistant Director, Children’s Social Care