Freedom of Information
9 Downing Street
Our ref: DEX001569
28 December 2018
Dear S O'Dea,
I refer to your request dated 28 November 2018, where you asked:
I would like to request information about the ‘Brexit Deal’ campaign currently being led by 10 Downing
Street (https://brexitdealexplained.campaign.gov...). As this may be delivered in part by other
departments I am copying this request to the Prime Minister's Office and the Cabinet Office.
I would like to know:
1) What are the agreed objectives of this campaign?
2) How is the success of this campaign being measured?
3) What is the total budget committed to this marketing communications campaign?
4) How many social media assets in total have been developed for this campaign? Please provide a
breakdown by type (blog posts, images, animations, etc)
5) How much was paid, and to whom, for online advertising? This includes promoted or paid social
posts as well as display and search advertising.
6) To know if online advertising was targeted by demographics, geography, age, interests or
I have dealt with your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 ‘the Act’). The
Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) does not hold
information in the
scope of your request.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact the FOI team. Please remember to
quote the reference number above in any future communications.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request or wish to
request an internal review, you should write to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Freedom of Information Team (internal review)
Department for Exiting the European Union
9 Downing Street
You should note that DExEU will not normally accept an application for internal review if it is
received more than two months after the date that the reply was issued.
If you are not content with the outcome of your internal review, you may apply directly to the
Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the Commissioner cannot make a
decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by DExEU. The
Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Yours sincerely, Freedom of Information Team, DExEU.