Planning & Performance
Borders General Hospital
Freedom of Information request 433-16
1. ICT Team structure including name, email and any contact details from CIO, IT Director IT Manager, IT
2. ICT strategy for the next 5 years.
3. Name of all your IT Res-seller's you work with and buy from.
I also require the following information:
4. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016 & 2017?
5. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
6. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)?
7. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
8. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
9. What date does your storage support contract end? (Month/year)
10. What is the value of your storage support contract?
11. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
12. What backup software do you use?
13. How much data do you backup in TB?
14. When is your planned (or estimated) backup software refresh date? (Month/year)
15. What is the estimated budget for your backup software refresh?
16. When does your backup support contract end? (Month/year)
17. What is the value of your backup support contract?
18. What compute vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
19. Number of servers?
20. What operating system(s) do you use?
21. What percentage is virtualised?
22. Virtualisation platform?
23. When is your planned (or estimated) compute refresh date? (Month/year)
24. When does your compute support contract end? (Month/year)
25. What is the value of the compute support contract?
26. Do you have a cloud strategy if so what is it?
27. Do you use Azure or Amazon Web Services?
28. Do you currently use HyperConvereged if Yes which Vendor if No are you looking at HyperConverged
29. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends
1. Please find below a copy of the NHS Borders IM&T structure as per your request:
Contact details for our IM&T Management Team are:
Jackie Stephen, Head of IM&T, email@example.com
Kevin Messer, IT Delivery Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please find attached below a copy of our IT Strategy:
3. Please find attached below a list of our suppliers on our PECOS ordering system. Unfortunately the
system does not enable us to identify the commodity on which the suppliers provide:
4. NHS Borders annual IT Infrastructure budget for 2016/17 is £1,400,000.
5. The storage vendor and model we use are HP, Dell, Buffalo.
6. NHS Borders storage is used as backup media which has been installed at various points over the last
few years, therefore we do not have a specific installation date.
7. There is no planned storage refresh.
9. NHS Borders do not have a storage contract.
10. Not applicable.
11. 125 Tb
12. Commvault Simpana
13. 20 Tb
14. There is no planned software refresh.
15. Not applicable.
16. The support contract for software is November 2017.
19. Approx 300
20. Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, AIX, RedHat
23. There is no planned compute refresh.
24. The support contract for compute is July 2017.
26. NHS Borders do not have a cloud strategy.
27. NHS Borders do not use.
28. NHS Borders do not use.
29. NHS Borders do not outsource IT works.
If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled or the decision given, you may ask NHS
Borders to review its actions and the decision. If you would like to request a review please apply in writing to,
Freedom of Information Review, NHS Borders, Room 2EC3, Education Centre, Borders General Hospital,
Melrose, TD6 9BS or email@example.com.
The request for a review should include your name and address for correspondence, the request for
information to which the request relates and the issue which you wish to be reviewed. Please state the
reference number 433-16
on this request. Your request should be made within 40 working days from receipt
of this letter.
If following this review, you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may appeal to the Scottish Information
Commissioner and request an investigation of your complaint. Your request to the Scottish Information
Commissioner should be in writing (or other permanent form), stating your name and an address for
correspondence. You should provide the details of the request and your reasons for dissatisfaction with both
the original response by NHS Borders and your reasons for dissatisfaction with the outcome of the internal
review. Your application for an investigation by the Scottish Information Commissioner must be made within
six months of your receipt of the response with which you are dissatisfied. The address for the Office of the
Scottish Information Commissioner is, Office of the Scottish Information Commissioner, Kinburn Castle,
Doubledykes Road, St Andrews, Fife.