2018 Strike Bursary For Students Information

Roedd y cais yn llwyddiannus.

Dear Queen Mary University of London,

I would like to make a request for information regarding the bursary set aside for students affected because of the 2018 strikes.

This is mentioned here;

“What happened with the money from the previous strike in 2018?”

“As a resolution for the 2018 strikes, the money went into a bursary for students to access”


Please may I request all information in regards to this bursary. Including how and when students were informed of this and those involved in deciding on its availability. I would also like to know if any students applied for such bursary and the amount of students, and the amount of bursary claim. Please can the total amount of bursary set aside also be disclosed

Yours faithfully,

Michael Lovell

QM FOI Enquiries, Queen Mary University of London

1 Atodiad

FOI 2020/F54


Dear Michael Lovell,


Thank you for your email of 29^th January.


The money resulting from industrial action in 2018 was added to our
 existing ‘Financial Assistance Fund’ that provides assistance to students
in hardship. Details on how to apply are given on our web pages at:
We will only hold numbers relating to all FAF applicants.


We do not hold information on exactly when students were advised about
this but information was published on the student portal MyQMUL
and also on specific pages on the Student Enquiry Centre’s website in
February 2018, which have now been archived (consequently the main URL is
no longer available but was
please see attached.


If you are dissatisfied with this response, you may ask QMUL to conduct a
review of this decision.  To do this, please contact the College in
writing (including by fax, letter or email), describe the original
request, explain your grounds for dissatisfaction, and include an address
for correspondence.  You have 40 working days from receipt of this
communication to submit a review request.  When the review process has
been completed, if you are still dissatisfied, you may ask the Information
Commissioner to intervene. Please see [4]www.ico.org.uk for details.

Yours sincerely


Paul Smallcombe

Records & Information Compliance Manager



Visible links
1. http://www.arcs.qmul.ac.uk/students/fina...
2. http://my.qmul.ac.uk/news-and-events/new...
3. http://www.arcs.qmul.ac.uk/students/sec/...
4. http://www.ico.org.uk/